so I have already been spanked for not having updated photos of Cedar and lacking current news. Wow, tough crowd indeed. I didn't realize that shots of summer would be considered such old news. Or a picture from two weeks ago bicycling to the grocery store on the mainland was such old news. Yah, you might have to dig around a little, or take note of the photos posted above the blog...lest i get spanked again, here is a shot from sunday night, crap it's already monday morning, i hope it's not too old... Cedar came home from Marblehead with a pumpkin, some nice painting and stuff on it, he wanted to get that thing carved up right quick. I made him wait through dinner and then we got busytown. Going to try and upload more photos and the finale, the video. sometimes I think our bandwidth just goes somewhere else late at night, things can just crawl...
denied once, another go...
regardless of the ability to post photos/videos, it was interesting to carve with Cedar. He had a very clear idea of what he wanted. I added a little style, forgoing just the big cutouts and going for some glow as well. He wanted the face to have a beard, and then it even had a special little spout within it. Before we got carving we talked about all the seeds and stuff inside. We had to free them from the flesh, the body of the pumpkin and got some tools. I told him we ought to just get our hands in there and he seemed taken aback by that, like maybe it would be gross or something. I made small mention of my disbelief, a "What?!" and just left it at that. The closer we got to the bottom, the harder is was to pluck the remaining dregs. Next thing you know, Deedles is fully in there, working it with the hand. It is fun to encourage and support all those little steps along the way. I think whether or not he is aware of my awareness and support of those little things, he is encouraged himself, maybe I am making stuff up as a parent, but it seems like he is aware of that process. First he's a little turned off by an idea, then works along side it, not a whole lot of pressure either way, and when he is ready, dives in. Whatever it is, it's fun to be a part of.
(whew, video up, now for one more photo, flirting with bandwidth disaster here... but since I have been talking about the progression!)
dag nab it, one more try the it's just what it is
that's it for now, lava man revealed. i'll try the hand in pumpkin another day, spank me for failing
No comments:
Post a Comment